KPropertiesDialog. Useful graph ? [2D]

Stefan Monov logixoul at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 13:00:06 BST 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 14:40:45 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If the decision now is to bring up a progress bar... I really think the
> progress bar should be the theme one.
>
> I am completely against of drawing a progress bar on ourselves. It kills
> consistency from my POV. If we draw a progress bar, it should be the theme
> one. In the case that you prefer that mockup, the progress bar at oxygen
> should be changed.
>
> Please tell me if you think I'm wrong.
On the other hand, a progressbar is not supposed to show fill percentage, it's
supposed to show, um, progress ;)

This has all sorts of effects on design, eg. consider styles that draw an
animated progressbar. That obviously wouldn't work for a free-space usecase.

I do agree progressbars and fillbars need to have a _similar_ appearance
though. (take that in account pinheiro ;)

Also the other posters saying an unimportant graph takes over a tangentially
related dialog box, have a point.

Stefan.