Skanlite

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Apr 19 23:04:02 BST 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008, Kåre Särs wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2008, Jonathan Marten wrote:
> > For the moment, though, I'm guessing that libkscan will have to stay
> > in kdegraphics even if no further development of it is planned - it is
> > used by koffice and 3.5 kolorpaint,

KDE3 apps don't matter here: they will continue to use the kde3 libs.

> > unless these have been
> > ported/converted already.
>
> Yesterday i began thinking about making a plugin/service based on libksane
> and this morning I woke up early and figured I could just as well get up
> and do a first try. Before I went to work I had a working plugin :) It
> works with at least kolorpaint4 (some rough edges still)

hm.. does anything actually link against libkscan anymore? looking at the
CMakeLists.txt file it doesn't actually make a library at all, just the
service plugin. if that is indeed the case, it can simpy be removed once
libksane's replacement is ready.

> I borrowed the .desktop from libkscan (and the class and lib names)
>
> Can there be more than one scanservice at a time?

sure. with priority settings in the .desktop file, we can even reliably
control which one gets loaded by default. but why would we want more than
one? if they provide the same service to the application, it's just an
implementation detail.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se