How to use Solid Control (from kdebase/workspace/libs) and Solid (from KDELibs) in the same source

Nicolas Ternisien nicolas.ternisien at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 16:21:46 BST 2008

Hi,

I would like to implement In KInfocenter the Network information from
Solid API, but there are two NetworkInterface classes that could be
used :

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/solid/html/networkinterface_8h-source.html
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/solid/html/classSolid_1_1NetworkInterface.html

>From Kdebase Workspace :
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdebase-workspace-apidocs/libs/solid/html/classSolid_1_1Control_1_1NetworkInterface.html
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdebase-workspace-apidocs/libs/solid/html/networkinterface_8h-source.html

Unfortunately, Kdelibs implementation provides information about Mac
address of the network, and Kdebase implementation other details like
IP address, route, netmask,...

I firstly have the problem that the two #include <networkinterface.h>
could not be used at the same times because they have the same name
and the same #ifdef SOLID_NETWORKINTERFACE_H variable.

More over, I don't know if the device->as<NetworkInterface>() could
work in the two cases.

So I would like to know if I miss something, and if not, maybe change
Solid from Kdebase headers name to a different name.

Thanks.

Nicolas