system-config-printer-applet-kde in KDE 4.1

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Thu Apr 10 17:51:07 BST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 9. April 2008 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > I object against having a python dependency on that low level. Think
> > ULPCs and printing over bluetooth. What's wrong with the KDE3-like print
> > job viewer?
>
> This discussion has already been finished, no need to restart it. See
> the release mailinglist for all the answers.

Not being a maintainer I don't follow that list. However, I waded through the
50+ messages of that thread and reproduce its essence here:

- It has been decided in 2005 that KDE is to be opened to scripting languages.
- Influx of scripted modules is currently unrestricted for any KDE module.
- "it's already been decided, unless someone can bring up a really compelling
reason to overturn it".

eot

mfg
	Leo