KMessageBox::Dangerous considered harmful ;)

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Apr 8 21:55:00 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:36:32AM +0200, Hans Meine wrote:
> Am Montag, 07. April 2008 07:54:17 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > however, if a dialog pops up automatically from some internal
> > programmatic event, activating the "go ahead, destroy my data"
> > button is a Bad, Bad Idea(tm)
>
> Also, even with the focus stealing prevention, occasionally I confirm
> a dialog by accident within some milliseconds after its appearance
> (there's probably no safe way to fully prevent this).

i find the focus stealing prevention pretty annoying at times - maybe
more annoying than a stolen focus.
maybe this would be better: when a dialog window pops up asynchronously,
disable user event delivery to it until half a second after
typing/clicking activity ceases (but no less than a second in total).
of course this still disrupts the workflow, but you don't miss actually
important stuff and you are still safe from confirming the nuclear first
strike by accident.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.