Horizontal automatic scrolling treeview - what can we do with this?

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Mon Apr 7 15:16:00 BST 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 03:29:47 Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> I liked it, but I think that`s a thing that will first confuse the users.

I would say get it into dolphin treeview as a optional/testing feature. That's
the most visible application that could have very deep treeviews. So we could
see how it works.

What i noticed immediately is the loss of information that has to be handled.
I see the directory i'm in, but not where it is. There has to be some way to
show the full path to the current dir. Perhaps use the header field for that.

I think an indicator would be helpful showing that the current topmost visible
item is not the root item.

If that gets solved i absolutly like it. More than once i was ticked by that
big white space on the left side of a treeview when i'm deep into some
hierarchy.

--
Michael Jansen
Available for contract work ( Development / Configuration Management )