KConfigXT Support for ToolTips?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Apr 7 13:39:30 BST 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 19:35:03 Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I noticed that a <whatsthis> element is supported in *.kcfg files
> but <tooltip> is not.
>
> Why? Is it possible and a good idea to add tooltips?

Nag.

Since KConfigXT doesn't support tooltips, I can add code
like this to my app:
  fooItem->checkBox()->setToolTip( fooItem->whatsThis())

but that makes the tooltip and the whatsthis use the same message.
or I have to hard-code a separate message in the .cpp instead of the .kcfg.

otoh, wouldn't a tooltip and a whatsthis message be the same most of the time?
are there HIG rules for what info should be in a whatsthis vs. a tooltip?

Anyhow... it seems like tooltips were left out of the kcfg.xsd for some good
reason that isn't obvious to me.

-Allen