Horizontal automatic scrolling treeview - what can we do with this?

Harald Hvaal haraldhv at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Apr 4 01:39:19 BST 2008

Hello everybody

I've been playing around with a subclassed treeview that has no
horizontal scrolling, but instead scrolls automatically according to the
topmost visible item in the tree. The result can be seen here:

http://folk.ntnu.no/haraldhv/simplescroll.ogg

The code really just boils down to some settings and a timer doing
something like this:

        void timertick()
        {
            QModelIndex i = indexAt(QPoint(20,10));

            if (i.isValid())
            {
                scrolltowards = visualRect(i).left() - 20 +
horizontalScrollBar()->value();
            }

            int diff = scrolltowards - horizontalScrollBar()->value();
            if (diff > 5)

horizontalScrollBar()->setValue(horizontalScrollBar()->value() + 4);
            else if (diff < -5)

horizontalScrollBar()->setValue(horizontalScrollBar()->value() - 4);

        }

If there was a KTreeView it could easily be added to this, but since
there are none, I'm unsure of where it could fit. Also, the animation
could probably be done in a more correct way by using some kde animation
functionality(?).

What do you people see this go into?

Harald
metellius at freenode