kdereview buildsystem (Was: KBlocks moved to kdereview)

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 22:48:24 BST 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 20:59:06 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday 04 April 2008 13:42:48 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> > Hi, people. I am happy to announce that KBlocks has been moved to
> > kdereview,
>
> Gee.. I'd love to try this out but the buildsystem in kdereview
> is so totally hosed that I need to spend a couple days just
> managing to get things compiling.
>
> For starters:
>  - okteta compile fails because of a missing foo_export.h file
>  - the FindGSL.cmake in step is broken.. unless you have
>   GSL installed so it can find the gsl-config program
>  - decibel... doesn't even come close
>
> So, until some of this gets fixed I won't be able to help review.

I'd have thought it would be sensible to make each subdir in kdereview
compilable by cd'ing into it and running cmakekde.  I did this with plasma,
because, apart from anything else, I didn't want to spend time compiling all
of kdereview.  Besides which, the phonon backends used not to work with the
old qt-copy.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org