cmake cvs users: current cvs HEAD or current CMake-2-6 branch required now

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Apr 2 20:26:18 BST 2008

Hi Anne-Marie,

On Wednesday 02 April 2008, you wrote:
> Le Wednesday 02 April 2008 02:09:23 am Alexander Neundorf, vous avez écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > as announced last week, from now on cmake 2.5, i.e. the unreleased
> > development version between 2.4 and 2.6, is not supported anymore.
> >
> > If you have cmake 2.6.0beta and now get a warning about
> > cmake_minimum_required(), either update to cmake from the CMake-2-6
> > branch (or cvs HEAD) or ignore it. It will be silenced with the next
> > release candidate for cmake 2.6.
> >
> > Bye
> > Alex
>
> Where is the beta please? What is the best if one does nto want to update
> everyday? I'm a bit lost here, thanks,

If you want to, you can of course stay with cmake 2.4.x.

You can also checkout cmake cvs from HEAD or the CMake-2-6 branch as described
here (quite at the bottom):
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html

The released versions are here:
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/

You should be able to simply download cmake-2.6.0-RC-6-Linux-i386.tar.gz and
unpack it to a location on your system where you like, it will work in every
install location.

Alex