Strigidaemon

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:13:19 BST 2008

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 04:05 pm, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Randy Kramer wrote:
> > Can't "we" make a popup that is relatively self-explanatory and "gentle"?
> >
> > Trying a first draft (for the first time it pops up).
>
> I'm afraid nobody will read that much.

They shouldn't have to, and I didn't intend that they have to--the first
sentence or phrase should let them know whether they are interested or not
and want to read more.  Somehow, if they are not interested, their attention
should be drawn very quickly to (and maybe rethinking some buttons from my
earlier post) two buttons:

   * "Continue (Enables Strigi)" (the default, and hence highlighted)
   * "Do Not Enable Strigi"

Maybe even a third button:

   * "Learn More" or "Configure Strigi" (or "Learn More and/or Fine Tune the
Configuration")

They read the first phrase or sentence and choose.

Or, maybe the entire first popup consists of a very short sentence / phrase
and those three buttons.  Those that are interested choose a button to learn
more or configure.  Those that know they don't want Strigi choose "Do Not
Enable Strigi".

Those that breeze through hitting return get the default configuration of
Strigi.

Randy Kramer