remove KAutoSaveFile

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Sep 29 14:41:45 BST 2007

On Saturday 29 September 2007 6:02:00 am Thiago Macieira wrote:
> David Faure wrote:

> >> This class was added because something needed it. I am kind of
> >> surprised that nothing is using it, because there was a clear need for
> >> it. KOffice applications should be using it.
> >
> >Should it move to KOffice until it has been proven to work and then
> > moved back to kdelibs? (This allows to change the API meanwhile if
> > necessary).
> >Or are kate developers interested in using it too?
>
> Kate was one of the targets of this class. But, if Kate doesn't have
> auto-save, then the class can move to KOffice libraries.

Can we keep this in kdelibs?  Is there a good reason to remove it?

Maybe we haven't adequately advertised all the new goodies our API provides?
I didn't know (or I forgot) about KAutoSaveFile.  This capability seems to good
to remove.

How about a "What's New in the KDE4.0 API" wiki?
Would be a valuable doc for the KDE Development Platform release.

-Allen