upcoming API changes

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 10:59:21 BST 2007

On Friday 28 Sep 2007, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 28 September 2007, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As discussed with David Faure I am going to perform this actions
> > for next monday (hopefully):
>
> Just to let everyone know: here are the other changes being prepared
> for next Monday: * Tobias Koenig is working on porting KFileItemList
> to QList<KFileItem> * I'm reworking KonqPopupMenu (moving it away
> from xmlgui), which is in kdebase but this will require an API change
> in the popupMenu signals of KParts::BrowserExtension (should mainly
> affect khtml) * kostja (Konstantin Heil, who I am coaching a bit) is
> replacing all the bools in the KIO job API with proper flags.

We also have kdeprint to deal with.  The current implementation doesn't
work properly (try printing a webpage in Konqueror, and every element
gets printed as a separate document) and the general consensus is that
it's infeasible to maintain it over KDE4, or even to fix it before 4.0,
and so we should use QPrinter instead.  I have a KPrintPreview class
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=119064667211216&w=2), but no
customisable print dialog yet.

This will obviously require porting KDE + koffice + extragear.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org