Problem with cups, unsermake and 3.5.x branch

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Fri Sep 28 16:03:05 BST 2007

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 04:48:00PM +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Albert,

> i tried compiling 3.5 branch today.
>
> On starting unsermake i get
> ERROR:kdeprint/cups/Makefile.am: variable 'LDADD' contains unknown flag -g.
> These should be in LDFLAGS!
> ERROR:kdeprint/cups/Makefile.am: variable 'LIBADD' contains unknown flag -g.
> These should be in LDFLAGS!
> ERROR:kdeprint/cups/cupsdconf2/Makefile.am: variable 'LIBADD' contains unknown
> flag -g. These should be in LDFLAGS!
Yepp, same problem here (Debian Unstable)

> That is because we use
> cups-config --libs
> that returns
> -lcups -L/usr/lib -g -Wall -O2 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0
> -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5
> -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lgnutls -lz -lpthread -lm -lcrypt
> for me
There is already a bug report in the Debian bug tracker. It seems the
one who build cups-config had done something wrong, as I doubt that
--libs should return such 'private' things as -g, -Wall or -O2.

> I hacked the Makefile a bit and got it compiling, but, is that a problem for
> automake (that afair is the only "supported" build system) and if it is,
> anyone knows how to fix it?
Urge the package maintainer to fix the package as soon as possible.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!