kdefx removal - status, and a call for final clean-up help

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 27 21:26:05 BST 2007

Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> Il Thursday 27 September 2007 18:14:45 Matthew Woehlke ha scritto:
>> Oh, and (not necessarily asking you, Luciano, but anyone) there are also
>> glow, kstep and system from kdeartwork, which I will plan to treat the
>> same. Honestly I will probably have some time Tuesday to try to pick
>> these up, but for the moment, I don't have any more hacking time until
>> Monday.
>>

> Well, I recently made kstep compilable again (it's still disabled, since there
> are many rendering glitches), so I'll likely fix it when I manage to work on
> it again.

Hmm, I thought I saw kstep was enabled (else I wouldn't have said
anything), but yes, if it is buggy anyway, certainly lets disable it
until it can be ported and fixed. I prefer that mostly-working decos
don't disappear in beta3 (and come back next tag, of course), but I'm
not as worried about ones that are not in good shape anyway.

> KDE 2 is done, now.

Confirmed... thanks! Hmm, might want to borrow that gradientFill
function if you're doing other windecos (I may borrow it, if i work on
any) :-). Btw, blitz has an intensity() if you need it, other things
that might work are e.g. check out the interesting composition modes in
QPainter (e.g. overlay, screen, hard/soft light, etc).

--
Matthew
No bits were harmed in the making of this .sig.