toolbar settings

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Wed Sep 26 23:29:51 BST 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 18:54, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I noticed today that KDE4 apps still do not honor or remember toolbar
> settings, neither the ones in the style kcm nor the individual settings.
> Personally, I need to be able to make toolbars as small as possible and even
> turn some of them off, and I don't want to do that every time an app opens a
> new window.

I just fixed the icon size and toolbar style settings not being remembered.

The issue with the style kcm settings not being honored seems to be at
first glance that the config key name has been changed from "IconText"
to "ToolButtonStyle" in kdelibs, but the kcm hasn't been updated to reflect
that. The enum names have been changed as well.

The code that implements the "Transparent toolbars when moving"
and "Highlight buttons under mouse" effects has been removed in KDE4.
I haven't looked at whether it's possible to implement them again, but at
any rate it seems like 4.1 material, so they should probably be removed
from the GUI before the 4.0 release.

Regards,
Fredrik