KAider moves to kdereview

Nick Shaforostoff shafff at ukr.net
Wed Sep 26 17:46:25 BST 2007

Special symbol inserting via alt (like alt+123) and drawing dots to mark spaces are general features,
and should be implemented on kdelibs level (though, i have copied alt+123 implementation from kbabel code)

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> * first run layout
i've hidden project and merge views. (the latter one is showed automatically when merge source is opened)

> * Project view seems not to read last translator encoding correctly, i get SebastiГ instead of Sebastiа
fixed

> * You should switch to bugs.kde.org handling for bugs
done
>If you need bugs.kde.org karma write me a  mail off list.
yes, i would like to get 'kaider' app added to bugs.kde.org (i use the same mail address as in this post)

> * LEDs to indicate status did not seem to work here.
you need to restart it. i tried to do it w/o requiring restart, but failed.

> * I'm not sure Project view fits as a dock widget, but maybe it's just me
>used to seeing catalogmanager as a differnt app than kbabel
Project->Catalog Manager will bring you the same project tree.
also, if you type 'kaider --project </path/to/project.ktp>', and you will get usual (separate) catalog manager immediately

> * Try to mantainer KBabel shortcuts, i tried Ctrl+i (spellcheck) and did not work :D
well, spellcheck is a std command.

> * I did not see a place to specify files encoding, are you just assuming UTF8
>everywhere?
yes
>I'm not sure that's good to do.
well, the initial conversion could be done by some script (e.g. called via kross -- in the future).
it is a very low priority task.

> * What about a "Recent opened projects" in the project menu? Actually i think
>i'd used it more than the recent opened files.
TODO

kaider still have no icon though. any ideas?