Will we support Thin Client computing well with KDE4?

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Sep 26 12:23:25 BST 2007

Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Sunday 16 September 2007 19:26, pinheiro wrote:
>> A Sunday 16 September 2007 17:56:35, Adam Treat escreveu:
>>> How about sinking the inactive window into the background or perhaps
>>> messing with the border in someway.
>>>
>>> 2) How about adding a gradient effect to the window deco with a margin
>>> around it.   The deco can still melt into widget.  Just put a margin
>>> around the gradient so that there is no hard border between the widget
>>> and the deco.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Adam
>> this is how difrent they look without masseing with the collors i can still
>> work a bit on it. but i gess it nice.
>> http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/image4618nocoloring.png
>
> If the only difference is the light gray vs the darker gray (black?) text in
> the window title, then that's perfectly fine with me.
>
> 	-Inge

When I posed this question in $subject, I was not thinking of any speci-
fic window deco feature or mis-feature in the first place. I meant it
in a much more generic way.

Will KDE4 in general be "performant enough" for remote X/NX? Does anyone
even test this? (and if you need a way to simulate conditions of low
bandwidth / hi latency), just look at my blog posting here:

    http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1878

and you'll know how to do it even on localhost via a loopback 127.0.0.1
connection....

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS