Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Sun Sep 16 18:43:35 BST 2007

A Sunday 16 September 2007 18:24:59, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Sunday 16 September 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 16.09.07 18:45:33, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > > Being able to see which window is active seems pretty important to me.
> > > We can't change the color of the window decoration anymore, as that
> > > would visually really suck. The theme simply isn't made for that. So
> > > we can do something else (which Matthew here is trying) or rewrite
> > > Oxygen again.
> >
> > I'm starting to think that maybe the Oxygen design in its current form
> > doesn't play with the technical limitations we have. So maybe a redesign
> > is needed (yes that sucks, because it means that we won't have oxygen in
> > 4.0 and that the designers would throw away a lot of work).
>
> throwing the baby out with the bath water would be silly, imho. the issue
> here is quite simple:
>
> 	how to show inactive windows differently from active ones
>
> we've gotten high centered in this conversation over changing the palette.
> that *obviously* isn't the only approach. really, we could quite easily get
> away with simply applying a little colour to the window decoration buttons
> and then desaturating them when not the active window.
>
> this isn't a reason to toss oxygen out (and reading such things must be
> pretty demoralizing for the designers and developers involved, btw). at the
> same time, the oxygen designers do need to loosen up a bit and look at
> other options instead of trying to force through this palette change thing
> which we just really aren't ready for (technology-wise) right now.
>
> we can try to do such palette changes properly later (e.g. 4.1 or
> whatever), but right now we need a pragmatic solution (which "scrap oxygen"
> isn't)

yes aron, i just moked a inactive version of the window withe windeckbuton the butons greeyd out, also note that the botons wen done have color on over and pressed. thinking on making the "x" in red so the difrence betwin active and inacive is even biguer.... its not perfect baut its ok i gess.....
link
http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/image4618nocoloring.png

--

core oxygen icon designer