Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:15:02 BST 2007

On 9/16/07, pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> A Sunday 16 September 2007 12:58:38, Jos Poortvliet escreveu:
> > I can't really see if you DID change the background, but if you did, I
> > really object to that. That's exactly what everyone here hates so
> > much, as it makes the whole window seem to flash. No matter how subtle
> > it is (unless it's so subtle you really can't see it, in which case it
> > makes no sense).
> it does if it is done right. you wont notce it profoundly couse the difrence
> is rather small so you will not see any flikering its a realy small
> diference.
> but your brain will, like your brain catches the sutle diferences in peoples
> faces that help you tell them all apart.. its a realy good feature of your
> brain that can be sed here to make sutle yet very visible ways of saying "I
> have changed"

Maybe. I do doubt it, as you're changing the window in the exact spot
it is now - and the brain is very good at seeing changes. So I do
think it will be noticeable, and as I said, if you make it as subtle
as it needs to be for the brain not to notice the change, it won't
notice the difference anymore either. Only real life testing can
decide here, I guess. But I urge you to start thinking about other
ways, as there's at least the possibility of me being right with this
;-)