Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Sun Sep 16 10:30:19 BST 2007

On Sonntag 16 September 2007, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> On Sunday 16 September 2007 09:20:01 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Sunday 16 September 2007 08:55, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> > > So....summing this thread up:
> > >
> > > Some people like some things, some people don't. Lots of people think
> > > it could be better somehow but nobody agrees on exactly how that should
> > > be.
> >
> > And some people have good, technical arguments for abandoning a certain
> > approach. Which, somehow, seems to lift the argument out of bikeshedding
> > territory to me.
>
> I do not see any good reason to call this a technical decision. It is more
> a matter of usability and accessibility, or?

What about having eye-candy on local displays (maybe even only if A/C is
plugged), and just have a nice, rounded, black border around the active
window instead for all other cases?

/me would like both
a) a nice, sexy KDE 4 and
b) a KDE that does not *need* so much X traffic in case I run an app remotely
(which I occasionally need to do, via ADSL), and which does not ruin my
notebook's battery lifetime (but I am not so much concerned about the
latter).

IMHO one could even focus on a) now and then gradually fix performance
problems in bugfix releases.

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.