KDE4 printing: results of IRC meeting

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Sep 15 16:38:04 BST 2007

On Saturday 15 September 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> In this case, what this hack is about is to get the QPrintDialog -- which
> is a QDialog -- find the widget called "generalWidget", add a QTabWidget
> as its parent and insert it into the dialog. And keep the button box in
> the proper place.

Ah, I understand now, I just didn't think of this form of extending.

> The only alternative I can see is to write a KPrintDialog. We won't be
> able to get rid of it until KDE 5.

I am not sure that this would be a big problem. If better solution for certain
parts of our API become available, we can always deprecate these parts (like
the Akonadi based API becoming the recommended PIM API, basically deprecating
the "old" APIs)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring