Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 11:21:54 BST 2007

On 9/15/07, pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> A Saturday 15 September 2007 10:41:58, Andreas Pakulat escreveu:

> > > Dont you think that is worts than a sutle diference on the coloring of
> > > the window?
> > > Any way i can speack beter with images plese lets be productive and
> > > coment on this images
> > > http://www.nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/image4618.png
> > > dont mind the fusines on the border and lack of sharpnes it mostly couse
> > > off grid alinhment issues in the svg.
> >
> > Personally I don't think any of that works. There just not much
> > difference between the active and any of the inactive versions... Maybe
> > it would help if you combine 1 and 3, i.e. have the window a bit
> > darkened and the buttons without coloring?
> >
> > Andreas
>
> 3 is prety much what we have now...... global change in colour
>
> --
>
> core oxygen icon designer

-> in the mockup by our dear artist, he changes only the
windowdecoration's buttons. If he would add text, that would change
too. This is exactly what many themes do, so it's not weird or
something... but yes, it's rather subtle. Pinheiro, have you seen how
Ubuntu does it?
http://www.ocoindufeu.net/images/screenshots/ubuntu_2.png
Pity this doesn't fit with the way our current theme looks...

Anyway.

I'm not that opposed to what happens in my current build: the text and
widgets become more gray, but the background stays the same.
- the window doesn't flash
- the window is still readable
- yet it is clear which window is active and which is not

Now, who can tell me what is wrong with that?