Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Sep 15 10:45:28 BST 2007

On 15.09.07 11:37:24, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On 9/15/07, pinheiro <nuno at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> > A Saturday 15 September 2007 08:56:18, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:

> > > hard to say without seeing it =)

> > > seems this might a good reason to use some colour in the buttons: so that
> > > we can remove that colour from inactive windows?
> >
> > realy dont want to be messing with what is good now so that i can fix another
> > prolem .... that can be done altering the gradient in the butons wen inactive
> > making them look flat, they have a slight curvature now.. but no coments on
> > the link?
>
> The top option looks clearly different from the right one. A window
> has text as well, and if you gray that out, too, it might be enough. I
> like it, and it's simply how it's done right now in many styles and
> windowdecorations..

Without the labels (inactive/active) I didn't find the difference
between the top two images within 10 seconds. That doesn't work IMHO
because all thats different is the coloring of the window-buttons which
I personally (and probably many other people) hardly look at anyway.
IMHO a combination of 1 and 3 is a good option.

> We might also use transparency from kwin, making windows SLIGHTLY
> transparent, or make the windowdecoration gradually transparent or
> something...

The problem with that is that it won't work as default, because there
are quite some systems out there that don't have composite support
activated or working properly. Not even talking about speed here. All
these effects shouldn't be part of something as basic as differing
active from inactive windows.

Andreas

--
Keep emotionally active.  Cater to your favorite neurosis.