KDE4 printing: results of IRC meeting

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Sep 14 19:28:44 BST 2007

A Divendres 14 Setembre 2007, Thiago Macieira va escriure:
> On Friday 14 September 2007 19:55:37 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Divendres 14 Setembre 2007, Thiago Macieira va escriure:

> > >[snip]
> > >
> > > The big drawback I can see here is that KDE 4.0 will not have print
> > > preview.
> >
> > That is completely unacceptable in my opinion.
>
> Then somebody had better write an alternative. And fast.

Well i remember Alex saying in the IRC meeting print preview was trivial to
add (i should note print preview WORKS NOW for me), basically you just need
to get the QPrinter to print to ps/pdf and pass it to okularpart. I don't
really know what has changed since then but i don't have the time to do code
a print preview. And even if i had i don't feel like writing it.

Just stating that this regression is going to make KDE 4.0 suck more than i as
a user would tolerate.

Albert