Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Richard Dale richard_dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 17:52:04 BST 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > The very idea of changing the palette of the widgets of inactive windows
> > is really, completely, utterly, indefensibly wrong.
>
> Then... why is there Inactive in QPalette::ColorGroup? :-)
I assume if is for showing whether or not the widgets within a window are
active or inactive.

If you use it for entire windows, with only one window ever active, you are
making the entire UI modal. And that is a big change to make. I don't think
large changes like that should be rammed through into the svn when the
release is at a late stage, and the consequences have barely been discussed.
At the very least it should be optional, and not the default option.

In addition, what is the meaning of 'Temporary' in the title of this thread?
We make large changes the the UI metaphor, and then arbitrarily reverse them
later?

-- Richard