Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 14 16:11:02 BST 2007

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 14 September 2007 16:58, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Jos Poortvliet wrote:
>>> And finally, KWin can do this, the style doesn't have to. Blurring,
>>> desaturating or darkening inactive windows seems a (compositing)
>>> windowmanager job to me.
>> No, it can't.
>>
>> - kwin has to ignore certain windows, these will be inconsistent without
>> the palette trick.
>> - kwin can't do effects with foregrounds because it doesn't know what
>> foregrounds are, it just has a big ol' pixmap of the whole window
>> - what about other wm's?

- kwin effects either aren't coded, or don't work on my x-server

> The very idea of changing the palette of the widgets of inactive windows is
> really, completely, utterly, indefensibly wrong.

Then... why is there Inactive in QPalette::ColorGroup? :-)

At least as far as selections, gtk has been doing this forever, and it's
one thing I have always liked better about gtk than Qt.

--
Matthew
The prhase "less is more" takes on a whole new meaning if you think