KDE4 printing: results of IRC meeting

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Sep 14 16:00:27 BST 2007

Alex Merry wrote:

> Question 4: How important is leaving the option of arbitrary page
> selection open?

Not sure now if you are talking about having the page selection
truely reflected in the preview, or in the paper printout.

To me personally as a user it is very important for the actual
printout; I use it a lot.

I don't think many other users do use it frequently. But when it
is not there in KDE, I'd know how to get the result I want by
taking a few extra steps. So, ft it is not provided in KDEPrint4/
/QtPrintForKDE4 it won't be a personal drama for me  :-)

If the feature is not provided in KDE4, I just need to have an
easy way to "print to PDF file" or "print to PS file".

However, don't forget: we need an easy, generic way to pass *any*
arbitrary print option to CUPS. That *IS* important.  And if we
have this, we can also easily pass "-o page-ranges=<arbitrary se-
lection here>" already...

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS