[path] litte kDebug extension

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Sep 14 09:21:13 BST 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007 08:51:52 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > In all but the largest of applications, area 0 should suffice.
> >
> > If you don't want those areas to show up during your debugging, don't
> > debug that application :-)
>
> I don't think Krita is particularly large, about 100 kloc. But I still want
> to be able to disable the redisplay debug lines and enable the filter debug
> lines. And I guess that it's the same with other applications of that size.

Agreed,

also note that _printing_ debug still is an overhead and especially in an app
like Krita where lots of code and libs are used while doing normal painting
you want to be able to disable debugging of, for example, the image library.
Since you are debugging a krita-plugin with debug area 0.

So, in my experience, all kDebug calls that go into svn for longer time should
have a proper debug area that is not 0.
That just makes it easier for others to use extend your app.

--
Thomas Zander