[path] litte kDebug extension

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Sep 14 07:29:54 BST 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Ralf Habacker wrote:
> >I'm just wondering why so many application have an area defined
>
> Two possibilities:
> 1) they didn't know they should use area 0
>
> 2) differentiation between the KPart, the library and the final
> application

Yeah... Krita has got about five or six areas, but then, all of
krita is a set of libraries. The app itself is one small c++ file :-).

But seriously: it is very useful if you're developing a big application
to have a set of debug areas so you can concentrate on problems in one
area and disable all debug in another area. So I've never understood
the "all apps should use area 0". It's not like there's a dearth of
numbers.

Boudewijn