Future of KPrinter

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 13 22:47:11 BST 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007, Josef Spillner wrote:
> On Thursday 13 September 2007 13:58:48 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > yeah, I don't really see 'final' stuff... But maybe there is something?
>
> No. :)
>
> Josef

If anyone knows Til Kampeter, he'd be the guy to ask as he's heavily involved
in OpenPrinting.

From memory, there was a plan to define a standard for defining printer
features, their related GUI elements, and how to dynamically build the print
dialog from a feature list exported from the print driver.  Sort of like a
SANE for printers, if any of you know that.  Then there would be consistant
dialogs across the platforms that implement the spec.

This is all long-term planning stuff, like the PDF move, that may take a
couple of years to bring to fruition.

John.