[path] litte kDebug extension

Thomas Zander Thomas.Zander at trolltech.com
Thu Sep 13 15:45:41 BST 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 21:36:43 Ralf Habacker wrote:
> The use case for this functionality makes sense for KDE apps which uses
> simply kDebug() and friend with the default area. (I have found this in
> umbrello).

This doesn't scale well for bigger applications that have various debug areas.
As you are proposing an incompatible workflow that also breaks expectations
of people just wanting to print some debug in other peoples apps.

I suggest you have a
#define MY_APP_DEBUG 1234
#define OTHER_DEBUG 5678

and use kdebug(MY_APP_DEBUG) << foo;  like calls in your code if you want to
make sure that is printed in its own debug area.

--
Thomas Zander