Future of KPrinter

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Sep 12 09:57:38 BST 2007

On Sunday 09 September 2007, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Also, in part at least, you don't seem to be familiar with CUPS and cur-
> rent KDEPrint. (For example, the "list of pages" you mention: this list
> is handed to CUPS as a parameter, alongside the all-pages containing
> print job. And it is then CUPS with its pstops filter that extracts the
> pages named for printing. (And I'm not aware if any KDE application does
> use this to *itself* do the page selection for the print job).

KWord-1.6 does it, at least.

    // Use page list specified in kdeprint dialogbox
    QValueList<int> pageList = printer->pageList();
[...]
    QValueList<int>::Iterator it = pageList.begin();
    for ( ; it != pageList.end(); ++it )
    {
[...]

You wouldn't want a 100-pages document to print all 100 into QPainter just to
print the 2nd page, would you? ;)