Future of KPrinter

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Sep 10 08:18:23 BST 2007

Thomas Zander schrieb:
> On Sunday 09 September 2007 21:17:01 Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> Thomas Zander schrieb:

>>> There are some cool ideas floating around for this in the trolltech
>>> offices, I'll see if we can make some code available for that on the
>>> TT labs site soon. :)
>>>
>> For example extending QPrintDialog to have application provided areas
>> in the print dialog (using the PrintDlgEx win32) ?
>> This is exactly one requirement on win32 for KDE applications.
>>

> I was under the impression you can't add a widget to the Win32 print
> dialog...

this is only true for the PrintDlg api function.
> But maybe I missing something :)

yes, the PrintDlgEx api function supports extending. See
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=118909039415777&w=2. It is only
required to integrate this dialog into QPrintDialog.

There may be some additional methods like addPage or similar() and some
stuff required to integrate the related win32  messages into Qt'
signal/slot concept.

If you need more informations let me know.

Ralf