Future of KPrinter

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sun Sep 9 14:40:58 BST 2007

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sunday 09 September 2007 12:50:50 Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>>> That's exactly the point: the user should be correcting it, not the
>>> application.
>> OK, maybe I misunderstood, and maybe I still do. What arrived in my
>> brain amounted to "we don't need to support margins in kprinter, no-
>> body really uses them".
>
> I recall we (you and I) had this confusion before; what you
> call 'kprinter' is something quite different from this thread means with
> it.
>
> The KPrinter (note the capitalization) C++ class is the KDE equivalent of
> the QPrinter one.

I always noted that capitalization  :-)   And I assumed that the named
C++ class is a core element of what makes up "kprinter" for the user
(...and replacing it with what Qt provides was reducing kprinter's
feature list quite heavily -- otherwise, why don't I see most of the
stuff I'd need in Qt Assistant's print dialog?).

>  And we should get rid of the KDe one.
> This has little to no effect on the user-perceived functionality of the
> kdeprint package as a whole.

If you manage to do that: great!

--
Kurt Pfeifle