Proposal for kdenonbeta cleanup.

Gary L. Greene Jr. greeneg at tolharadys.net
Sat Sep 8 20:31:05 BST 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007 11:59:58 am Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since we have the playground area's, the kdenonbeta folder should not be
> used anymore. So we need to clean it up. I feel the time has come to do
> this.
>
> First I had the idea to approach each maintainer and see what the plan is
> with that application. But now I've looked closely at the contents of that
> folder, I decided it is not worth the effort. There are only some very
> occasional commits in kmameleon, kdom, unsermake, kaxul and pixieplus.
>
> I would like to suggest that the maintainers of these apps tell me what
> they want to do with their application. See 1) for details.
>
> I would like to make this cleanup known by posting to this ml and kde-devel
> and a blog where I call every maintainer of applications in kdenonbeta to
> contact me if they don't want to go to /tags/unmaintained/3. Is this an
> acceptable workflow?
>
> Without objections, I'll proceed like this next friday.
>
> Toma
>
> 1) Options are: move to /trunk/playground if you want to start porting or
> started already, /branches/extragear/kde3 if it needs to stay for a while
> and all other stuff can go to /tags/unmaintained/3/

Admittedly I have not done a good job of maintaining kdenonbeta/kxconfig as
other things keep getting in my way that need done more urgently. Personally,
I'd like to see it moved to extragear or out of KDE's SVN to the SVN tree for
www.altimatos.com, since it really works well as a app developed outside of
KDE. Which ever you decide on this would be cool with me.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: peorth.tolharadys.net