File dialog: preview widget

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Sat Sep 8 09:09:55 BST 2007

On Samstag 08 September 2007, Peter Penz wrote:
> > Oh, and splitters... they are always too small to see/grab and too large
> > for aesthetics and space saving.
Hehe, right. :-)

> > Not that I have a better idea :(. How
> > would you want to implement the show/hide GUI?
>
> I'm not sure honestly speaking. From my point of view we have 3 options:
> a) leave the preview-action as part of the settings menu (F11) like it is
> done now
This does not hurt.

> b) move the preview-action into the toolbar
As you wrote below, this is not preferrable.

> c) use a QDock for the preview widget, so that closing can be done by the
> [x]
Nice idea.  I like it.

Anyhow, I think there should be a RMB menu on the preview widget for disabling
it.

Activating the preview however is not solved by these.. and I just realized
that there is already an "automatic preview" menu entry in the RMB menu or
the itemview, but although (at least in the German translation) the text is
the same, it is *not* equivalent, but concerned with the preview icons.. ;-}

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.