What happened to the Layout visitor?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Sep 7 08:59:07 BST 2007

Il Thursday 06 September 2007 21:05:24 Thomas Zander ha scritto:
> On Thursday 06 September 2007 17:29:16 Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > What is the situation with regards to the HIG layout proposal?
> > I have read about this discussion, and if we really need to align
> > widgets properly, something like this would be needed.
> >
> >  http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=117561162517991&w=2
>
> I still require some help in getting this working, but I'll ask around
> next week to see if I can get the ball rolling again.

There is an alternative, of course, if the requirement of grouping with
groupboxes is dropped. Maybe it was my fault if it has been kept in the
guidelines -- I suggested that the labeled sections could be automatically
indented with proper styles, which is true, but I didn't realize that
alignment across groups was needed.

In this way, grouping would be done with a label (maybe using a bold font)
spanning a whole row, and the widgets could be aligned in the second column.

Luciano