Patch: Colored debug

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 6 20:25:09 BST 2007

Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le jeudi 6 septembre 2007, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
>> Just make it not default. People can enable it with an environment
>> variable. And it could be interesting to have the coloured output written
>> to .xsession-errors (if you're reading it with less -R).
>
> ok.
>
> KDE_COLOR_DEBUG ?

If it uses an environment variable, it would be nice if the environment
variable also let you specify what color somehow. For now while there is
only the middle bit colored, maybe 'KDE_COLOR_DEBUG=1;4;34' would
produce bold+italic blue text (where "italic" of course means
"underlined" in most terminals).

Maybe later we would expand this to be more like LS_COLORS, e.g.
'fn=34:do=1:t=4;32' would make the domain bold, the function blue (like
now), and the text (i.e. the stuff actually fed to kDebug) green+italic.
But later...

--
Matthew
When in doubt, give it a good swift kick.