AW: [Kde-print-devel] Status of KDEprint in 4.0, and offer of help

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 6 16:42:23 BST 2007

On Thursday 06 September 2007 13:42, Alex Merry wrote:

> Cristian Tibirna is the current maintainer, but I get the impression he
> doesn't have a lot of time to devote to this.  However, at least John
> Layt and I are obviously willing to work on printing.  I'd certainly be
> happy to work on it in the longer term, but neither of us is a printing
> expert, or even that familiar with the considerable KDE Print codebase.

I guess meeting or tele-conferencing with Kurt Pfeiffle would solve the guru
part -- and maybe you can inveigle Michael Goffioul and/or Christian Tibirna
to induct you in the current codebase? And Kurt has more than once said that
printer manufacturers like Ricoh (if I remember correctly) are more than
willing to help with hardware & test situations.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi