Update on KIO & KSSL

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Sep 6 00:02:47 BST 2007

Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>This is becoming a major impediment to further progress on KMail.
>>What can we do to get KSSL development up and running?
>
>Unfortunately, the answer is "find someone to do it". I don't have time
>right now to write a complete API.
>
>The best I can do is QSslSocket. So, if someone thinks QSslSocket is
>inadequate, do something better, now.

Here's a very early attempt at an interface using KSSL. It's the result of
a couple of hours' hacking.

This requires one public function to be added somewhere in KIO to start
the encrypted connection. I haven't added that one yet.

This compiles and links, but I have no idea if it works.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358