Suggested KDEPrintInternal namespace

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 22:39:04 BST 2007

It has been mentioned before that KDEPrint pollutes the global namespace
extensively with many classes that do not begin with K.  What's more,
these are almost all internal to KDEPrint, have no binary compatibility
guarantee and are used only by the KDEPrint management module in
kdebase (which is why there are exported).

It would be good to put all the internal stuff in its own namespace.
The two obvious paths to take are:

1. Create a KDEPrint namespace with everything in, and put the internal
things in KDEPrint::internal
2. Leave the public classes alone, and put the internal things in a
KDEPrintInternal namespace (or KPrintInternal...)

I think that at this stage, option 2 is better as less disruptive.
Also, the public classes generally seem to be named things like
KPrinter, KPrintDialogPage etc.

Feel free to shout this down as too intrusive, given that we're at Beta
stage, but if we're about to embark on an overhaul of KDEPrint then
this seems an obvious time to do it.  Also, I'm only suggesting tidying
up the non-public classes into their own namespace.

Does this seem like a good idea?

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org