Permission to break feature freeze for Nepomuk and Soprano

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 3 17:53:09 BST 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007, Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:
> I was working heaviliy on Soprano2 [1]. It comes with a bunch of new
> features, a much cleaner API, a server/client architecture (quite simple
> but waaaay faster than DBus), and I intend to replace the Nepomuk

i have a handful of questions, not all of which impact the mergability of this
but more just out of interest in N2 itself.

were there use cases for the dbus interface outside of nepomuk itself or was
the use of DBus completely encapsulated within Nepomuk of uninteresting to
the outside world? iow, will this cause a meaningful regression in
interopability potential?

faster is better, but reliability is another important factor. is the
client/server stuff completely specific to Nepomuk or did you build off of or
on top of something that already existed elsewhere?

is there protocol documentation that comes with the new nepomuk so that review
of it can occur without having to dive into source code?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se