Permission to break feature freeze for Nepomuk and Soprano

Sebastian TrĂ¼g strueg at mandriva.com
Mon Sep 3 14:43:13 BST 2007

Hi guys,

there has been a long silence around Nepomuk. Well, the main reason is that I
was working heaviliy on Soprano2 [1]. It comes with a bunch of new features,
a much cleaner API, a server/client architecture (quite simple but waaaay
faster than DBus), and I intend to replace the Nepomuk middleware with it. I
already did it locally and a commit "should" not break anything once Soprano2
is copied to kdesupport.

The main advantage of all this is: speed. No more DBus for requesting data. It
is now done via tcp (and I would love some tips and help to add support for
unix socket communication)

If there are no objections until this evening I will proceed (I know it is
short notice but I don't think it is such a big deal yet.)

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1] branches/work/sorano2