WITH_PREFIX for kdemodules?

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Wed Oct 31 15:28:46 GMT 2007

On Monday 29 October 2007, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Is there a technical reason (e.g. some tools expect this) to use 'lib'
> prefix for kde plugins?

I was chatting with dirk about this once and he convinced me that it's a nice
feature to have on Linux where it's possible to use the lib as plugin and
shared lib at the same time. E.g. applications like konsole that provide a
KPart and a shell. To save some startup time konsole on Linux could link to
it's part instead of dlopening it.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de