Phonon device discovery takes too long

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Wed Oct 31 14:58:20 GMT 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 03:33:41PM +0100, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Matthias,

> From all I know the loading of the xine backend is very expensive (in large
> parts due to libxine dlopening all its plugins on init).
Yeah, I've changed the creation of the MediaObject to lazy loading in
kaccess and kmail now, so it doesn't hurt any longer.

Maybe we should add a note to the APIDOX of the MediaObject ctor that
instantiating could take longer and should be used with care?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!