Shall I test KDE4 already ?

lexual floss at lex.hider.name
Tue Oct 30 07:43:47 GMT 2007

Peter Penz wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Monday, 29. October 2007 21:00, Martin Koller wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 28 October 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>
>>> IMHO: If you find a bug thats a real bummer (for example crash while
>>> starting the app, totally screwed ui which makes the app inaccesible) I
>>> think trying to ping the author(s) on IRC would be good to check wether
>>> they know about it/its a system problem/...
>>>
>> OK, here we go ;-)
>> I don't know whom to contact in that case:
>>
>> Neither in dolphin nor in konqueror I can create a new directory.
>> Right clicking shows "Create New -> Link to Device ->" and nothing else.
>>

> As David Faure mentioned in another thread it seems that several people have
> this problem. It looks like a configuration issue, as in some environments it
> works without problems. We'll have a look on this topic during this week :-)
>
> Bye,
> Peter

I'm getting the can't create a folder in dolphin bug too. This lack of
functionality really makes it hard to  do any meaningful testing with
dolphin.
This happens with a brand spanking new .kde4.
I'm running Fedora 7 with latest svn compiled by me.
Let me know what additional info you need to track down this bug.

Cheers,

Lexual.