Some GUI bugs

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 21:29:45 GMT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:09:47PM +0100, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi Tobias and all,
Hi Rafael,

> What do we want exactly ? Why there was a problem using QTabWidget?
I've separated the 'selection widget' (which page shall be shown) from
the pages (which are stored on a stack).

That works fine for the QListView, QTreeView and IconView which are
displayed on the left side and the pages are displayed on the right side
in a QWidgetStack.

For Tab mode I've created a new widget which has the interface of
QAbstractItemView but provides Tabs for selection. So we can handle the
selection of the current page independent of the 'selection widget'.

So the tab widget only shows the tabbar for selecting, however the pages
are still stored in the widget stack and not inside a QTabWidget.

Honestly I don't want to change that, as it is a clear design and
prevents hacks as 'if mode == tabbed { do x } else { do something else }'.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!