Bug reporting for KDE 4

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 19:26:50 GMT 2007

On Monday 29 October 2007, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 04:24:28PM +0100, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > >
> > > why not kde-core-devel?
> >
> > I think core-devel is busy enough with its current tasks, e.g. questions and
> > discussions, patches and so on. The actual meaningful discussions would be
> > drowned in bug reports.
> >
> that doesn't make sense. core-devel is *exactly* the place to discuss
> lib features and bugs. and it's not like joe user would file bugs against
> kdelibs just for fun.
> having a separate list would only reduce the audience for no reason.
> if you want a separate folder, you can still filter.

I know many kde (application) developers who do not read kde-core-devel because there is too
much traffic on it already. So I deduce that many others would decide to drop out if a
whole lot of bug reports came in here as well.

I am very much in favour of a kdelibs-bugs mailing-list, to solve the problem that "not one
person should get all the kdelibs bugs" -- just like we solved it with konq-bugs, noatun-bugs,
amarok-bugs-dist, kdepim-bugs  [and ksysguard-bugs but that's just an alias].

I do want to read kdelibs bug reports; I don't want them all assigned to me though,
the kdesktop mess was enough of that already :-)