Bug reporting for KDE 4

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 12:41:48 GMT 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:

> We have *lots* of bugs in KDE 4 and we all hit them all the time, right?

Most of them are so easy to find that probably nobody bothers reporting them,
correct.

> There is also quite some confusion about where/if/how to report them
> Bugzilla?

bugs.kde.org is your choice :)

> Heavyweight, slow, I fscking hate bugzilla (MHO) and avoid it.

Well, can we turn that question around and investigate what in particular
you`d like to see improve with our bug tracker so that you use it?

I don`t think its a good idea to invent yet-another-way of trackign bugs. KDE
4 bugs are no different than KDE 3 bugs, and a mailing list is an medium
without memory. Use a tracker.

Regarding trac: It might be suitable for one product (e.g. kmail), but it
doesn`t scale for the > 60 products we track at bugs.kde.org. Or do you
really want 60 trac installations?

Greetings,
Dirk